Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Easy Mexican stuffed peppers

Hi everyone! So yesterday was an incredibly busy day, I usually try to get a lot done on my days off such as cleaning and running errands. So when it came time for dinner I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time making dinner.
Which is why I decided to make my easy Mexican stuffed peppers. Prep time is only about 30 minutes and then you have some delicious stuffed peppers that everyone and I mean everyone (vegetarians can omit the meat for an equally delicious meal) would enjoy!



Recipe
1 lb of ground beef
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chile
15 oz can of tomato sauce
10 oz can of enchilada sauce
1 cup of diced onions
2 cups of mexican rice (fresh or leftover)
6 large bell peppers
2 cups of four cheese mexican blend
salt and pepper to taste


1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.



2.) First things first, I like to brown my ground beef before stuffing the peppers. I know a lot of pepper recipes call for the beef to be raw but I have found from past experience it takes forever for the meat to cook through AND I don't want to have to worry about E.coli O157:H7 (bloody diarrhea eek!).




3.) While the meat is cooking, I slice the tops off of the bell peppers and scoop out any seeds that are inside in order to make a nice hollow space for the meat filling. I then chop up the bell pepper tops only chopping the area surrounding the stalks and save that to add to meat mixture. I place my bell peppers into a glass baking dish.




4.) After the meat has cooked through in a large bowl combine the beef, mexican rice, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, onions, chopped bell pepper, and cheese. I mix this well and then scoop into the empty bell peppers until well filled.



5.) Bake in the oven for forty minutes or until the pepper has become soft. I personally like a little crunch to my pepper so I find that forty minutes is perfect.



Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment